Most of the iPad users usually want their device to be automatically locked when it is left idle for a long period of time. Therefore, Apple has ensured that all their devices will automatically switch to the sleep mode and get locked if they are left unattended by the user. The main purpose of this feature is to save the battery of the device and to provide optimum security to the user.
Still, several iPad users often enquire whether there is a way to keep their iPad from going to sleep. If you don’t want your table to lock automatically, then there is a setting in your iPad that will help you to prevent that from happening. Below are a few simple steps that will help you to stop your iPad from automatically going to sleep or getting locked.
- Unlock your iPad and go to the Settings on your device.
- Now, scroll down until you find Display & Brightness under the Settings menu and then click on.
- You will now need to select Auto-Lock from the list of available options.
- The screen of your device will display multiple options that are suited for the display needs of your iPad such as Never, 15 Minutes, 10 Minutes, 5 Minutes, and 2 Minutes.
- If you wish to prevent your iPad from sleeping automatically, then you will need to select Never.
- Likewise, iPad users who wish to extend the auto lock time period of their tablet can choose any of the other four options.
iPad users who are completely disabling the screen sleep behavior of their tablet should note that they will need to manually lock their device from now on. These users should also remember the fact that leaving an iPad in an unlocked mode for a longer duration of time will result in battery drainage.
In addition to that, anyone can also freely use your device even without your permission if you leave the device in an unlocked state. So, make sure to keep these factors in your mind before you hit the Never option under the auto-lock settings in your iPad.